Nowadays, the mobile phone is more often used than the computer to visit websites. Then, the mobile phone will record all browsing history so that you can find and view any one of them conveniently.
Sometimes, for the safety and privacy reasons, you may choose to delete the data, like browsing history. But one day, if you would like to check the browsing history to recall something while it’s already deleted, what will you do in this circumstance?
Browser history may be the only place where you can find searching records. In this post, I will show you two methods to recover deleted browsing history on Android.
How to Recover Deleted Browsing History on Android
Method 1: Recover Deleted Browsing History via Google Account
If you have a Google account and turn on the Google synchronization on Android, all your web files will be synced automatically. Then, you can recover deleted browsing history quickly just by entering your Google account.
Here are the detailed steps:
- 1. Open a web page on Google and enter this link: https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard
- Enter your account and password. Then, you can see a page, on which there are many records that Google account saves for you, including Contacts, browsing History, Calendar, etc.
- Find and tap Search History. Then all synced browsing history can be seen. All these websites are accessible. Resave them as bookmarks so that you can find them more conveniently.
After these steps are done, the deleted browsing history is recovered successfully on your Android phone.
Method 2. Recover Deleted Browsing History with MiniTool
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is a piece of professional and free software for Android data recovery. Two recovery modules are available: Recover from Phone and Recover from SD-Card. With the two modules, you can recover different kinds of files (like contacts, pictures, messages and History) from both phone memory and SD card.
Here, you need to choose Recover from Phone module to recover deleted browsing history from an Android phone. The following steps will walk you through how to complete deleted browsing history recovery with this software.
Step 1: Connect Android device to PC
Connect your Android device to the computer. Then, launch the software to get the main interface. Choose Recover from Phone module to begin.
Step 2: Identify the Android device
Choose a corresponding Android version and follow the steps to enable USB debugging. Click Always allow from this computer option on your Android phone if it’s the first time to connect your Android phone to computer.
Step 3: Choose a scan method to scan Android device
In the Device Ready to Scan interface, you can see Quick Scan and Deep Scan methods. If you just need to recover deleted browsing history, just check the Quick Scan method to scan your Android device.
Step 4: Check needed items to recover
After the scanning process comes to an end, you will see the scan results listed by file types. At the moment, just choose History from the list to check the detailed results.
Switch the button from OFF to ON, and you can preview only the deleted browsing history. Pick up the desired items and click Recover to go on.
Step 5: Select a storage location to save the browsing history
A pop-up window will appear. You can specify a storage path to save the recovered browsing history, or follow the default storage path. Click Recover to save these selected items.
After finishing these steps, you can view the recovered files by clicking View Result shown on another pop-up window. Or just exit the program and go to the specified location to check the recovered files.
- 1. You are recommended to make Android backup regularly to keep critical data safe. Imagine that, if you are unable to recover the deleted browsing history by MiniTool when newly saved items covered the deleted files, you can still restore it from the backup.
- As an Android user, you are suggested to signing up a Chrome account, which can save all your searching recordings so that the browsing history, as well as many other items, can be kept safely.
- When you choose to delete the browsing history, it will be overwritten by new data easily as you continue using the Android device. As a result, it will become unrecoverable. So, you’d better stop using your Android device as soon as realizing something important has been deleted.
Having demonstrated 2 different methods to recover deleted browsing history, I guess you’ve known how to achieve it. Bear in mind – making a backup for Android and PC regularly, and this is the most important.